Thursday, November 25, 2010

'What good is pride to a man if he's dead?'

Well, I used to ask myself the same question more than a few times. But it is essentially a wrong question to begin with. I see this now. It happens to be a case of mistaken identity, really... Term misunderstanding of a sort. I do not value pride because when I hear 'pride' I hear 'formal commitment' but actually this does not have to be the case. If we return for a second to Nietzche's postulate of interpretations being humanity facts there are two possible solutions: formality itself could be functional and also one could regard the thing one labels 'pride' as essential and necessary component of life worthy life. So: 'What good is pride to a man if he's dead?' is a proposition containing a fatal flaw; right to the exact moment of death one evaluates pride value in 'life' condition, not innately containing life vs death as a proper 'working condition' split.

No comments: