Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Volcano Choir - Comrade



Recently
the world is like a treadmill:
if I'm not running fast enough then I fall
and break my head open.

Living dangerously!
...And yet...
this on-the-border life also holds the particular beauty of continuously being just one sigh apart from an orgasm.
Pain is so close to pleasure.

When the Repave was released, in 2013.,
I was not Vernon's fan because his work with Bon Iver felt too pretentious and poser-like
but Volcano Choir has completely thrilled me.
Today a friend reminded me of a recent listening through new Lambchop album
(The December-ish you is a fcukin masterpiece!),
and to remember Volcano Choir was just a tiny step forward.

Repave is growing old so nicely
and Comrade
my wonderful favorite
is lovely and lovelier than in 2013.

Everything in it is wonderful;
Auditory abundance
Vernon's jagged lyricism
Rhythm of coitus mixed with the context of military and of brotherhood...

                *             *             *
They say you ain't a comrade

Still, I'd know you'd come back

For a folly-ridden Romeo, you break down a fortress now Standing out in public Stained with your conscience



I know that you love me

You are just lawless, son

No comments: