Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Post Malone - Better Now



Personally I am of the opinion that one should not be a slave to one's own expectations because finding extraordinary treasure in unexpected places happens more often than not.

Just like this picture.

You already know that I am especially fond of  finding male stories about relationship dynamics
(http://derzafanistori.blogspot.com/search/label/On%20Relationships),
and this story is one of the loveliest narrations.

Although Austin Richard Post
(whose nom de plume mention perhaps gives you the hives)
is famous for his laconic brevity,
his contagious presentation (covered in this wonderful exposé: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2ZsYPWpGBA) has not overshadowed absolutely wonderful selection of motifs and
flawless narration
which in the demonstration of simplicity hides in plain sight
the most important of importants.

As the song progresses,
it grows from impressionism into hyper-realism,
and as it reaches the bridge before the last chorus dumps on the listener,
while not addressing the listener at all but rather the subject of the declaration:
Promise.
Warning.
Synopsis.

I promise
I swear to you, I'll be okay
You're only the love of my life (love of my life)

It is wonderful to find #RelatableContent in somebody else's experiences
and this content, before it turned relatable, was Austin's personal truth from which he could not run away
- so he wrote 'er a song

Above text is my Facebook post published on 06/May/2019 - translated from Croatian

No comments: