Monday, March 12, 2012

God Is An Astronaut - Mocvara - 09Mar2012






I had Friday 09Mar2012 months in advance reserved for God Is An Astronaut live show in Jedinstvo hall at Mocvara and of course I got there early to soak in the atmosphere and prolong the experience.

As I arrived, the Hall was almost empty and already very warm from all the smoke being produced on the stage. I wondered how this would fare and have expressed my concern that it would be too foggy and that photos will turn out awful but the truth was it turned out great, both for visibility and photographing purposes, giving elaborate light patterns something to be visible on and making a memorable, glorious show.

The schedule said concert would start at 22:00 and on the dot it did.

After a bit of fine tuning due to some technical difficulties they "started again" 20 or so minutes later and I was very impressed how they handled the pause and how nice and communicative they were during the break.

God Is An Astronaut play powerful, evocative music, music that sends shivers of pleasure down my spine and their show was multiplying all that. Elaborate game of light that draws, shows, blinds and deludes was closing the composition for music presentation...

... and I loved it!

Surrounded by warm bodies, of whom many were stupid enough to smoke in that crowded place, I could easily detach myself from immanent experience and drift on the waves of music and imagery inside my own mind.

Sorrow.

Love.

Violence.

Desire.

Helplessness.

We surely are just troglodytes watching shadows play on the walls of our caves.

There is nothing that has to be done but to be.


They played all my favorites; Route 666, All Is Violent, All is Bright, Suicide by Star, Worlds in Collision. They played and talked through their whole career span to celebrate their 10th anniversary.

I danced and smiled and moved and smiled and danced and hummed and watched and watched...


"When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.  For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. "


God is indeed an astronaut.

No comments: