Sunday, February 26, 2012

MOCP Day 24 - Up Close

Intarsia braid on long cardigan coat.

I made this coat while I stayed at home with my daughter during her first year.

It never ceases to amaze me how well I made the yarn twists and how tidy it looks.

When I was first designing the coat I wanted a detail that would stand out, one that would add fire - almost aggression - to the coat and I thought of something like dragon spine ridges.

It came out as red braid in the middle of back panel and it really looks like dragon spine ridges.

It is a beautiful coat and when I wear it a lot of people ask about it and admire it. But they do so cautiously. Speaking to their friends and commenting to themselves, not asking me about it. When I wear it only people that know me well stop me in the hallway to have a chat.

Seems some things are quite easy to foresee.


No comments: